Sunday, March 10, 2019

Contingency planning

Contingency planning 

Damaged Equipment
In case any equipment gets damaged I will make sure that I have a spare of each bit of equipment I plan on using such as the camera and lights. This will mean that filming won’t be set back due to missing and damaged equipment and will allow for any disturbance to be dealt with quickly and effectively. 

Low Batteries
In case of the risk of the cameras and lighting running out of power I will make sure that all batteries are fully charged before I start filming as well as making sure I still have spare batteries in case of emergency.

Weather
I will also make sure I check the weather before filming in open areas to make sure that this won’t disturb any filming planned as I can make sure to have appropriate shoes and anything waterproof to stop from damaging electrical equipment. It also means that if I realise the weather will be to back to film I can arrange another date for filming. 

Plan falling through.
Incase the original plan for my music video falls through due to not being able to film certain aspects or characters dropping out I have created another plan to fall back onto that includes a alternative narrative, mood board, set of equipment and ideal shots / timings I would like to have in the music video 

When contingency planning was effective. 

I had planned to film the dance sequence in an open area of lincon on the 4thof March but due to the weather I was unable to complete this and meant that the dance sequence filming had to be pushed back until the 15thof March, although extremely late to be filming it meant that I could still film other scenes and meant that if the weather was bad again I would be able to get a safe indoor area to film out of the way of bad weather. 

Unfortunately I was made aware that the dancer would be unable to perform in my music video therefore meaning that I had to fall onto my back up plan and alternative narrative, I was also made aware of this before the 15th therefore meaning I had more time to plan filming the different narrative and meant that I could set aside the 13th of March for filming the main part of the new plan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment