Thursday, March 14, 2019

Experimental editing part 1

Experimental editing part 1

Aims

  • Practice for editing to the beat. 
  • Practice in seeing how to create an effect to show a difference between the past (when both characters existed) and the present (only one characters exist) by making the past look more dream like. 
  • Experiment with editing to the ideal timings. 


Evaluation 



When looking at the final product of the first experimental editing process I can tell that turning up the brightness and contrast of the ‘Flashback’ memories helped in making these scenes look more dream-like. Along with this the brightness helping to show the high key lighting really helped emphasised that these are positive scene and happy memories to look back on therefore when creating my final music video I will use this technique to emphasise that these are happy memories or flashbacks. 

Another thing that I feel worked well in this experiment was using the blue overlay over the scene based in the ‘present’, I feel this worked as the colour blue has strong connotations of sadness and isolation and this helped to emphasise the sadness of the character seemingly left behind. The blue overlay also helped signify feelings of dullness that the character now feels. When making my final music video I will try to use this as I feel it was effective in connotating the right feelings of emotion. 

However, one part of this experiment that I feel wasn’t effective was the use of the blurriness on the ‘flashbacks’ / memories as it wasn’t completely effective in creating a dream like effect. When I complete another experiment or my final music video I will try to only blur around the edges to help emphasise the dream like feeling I was trying to connote. 

No comments:

Post a Comment