Saturday, March 16, 2019

Experimental editing pt 3

Experimental editing pt 3

Aims
  • Practice for editing to the beat. 
  • Practice in seeing how to create an effect to show a difference between the past (when both characters existed) and the present (only one characters exist) by making the past look more dream like. 
  • Experiment with editing to the ideal timings. 
  • Focus on dream like effect on flashbacks / memories. 


Evaluation

When experimenting in editing to create a dream like effect I felt that adding a slight vignette effect helped in adding to this sense of feeling I am trying to encode into this sequence. Therefore when it comes to making my final music video I will add this effect to the shots I want to portray as flashbacks or memories to reinforce to the audience what they feelings are.

I also feel that adding then lens flare effect also added to the sense of being dream like and almost unreal, this is because in traditional film making lens flare isn't often used as it takes away the feelings of verisimilitude but adding this to make a dream like effect works as its not 'real like' its an idealised flashback.

However when it comes to my final music video I will try and add either a pink or yellow overlay to either connote feelings of love for pink or feelings of happiness and positivity for yellow in the flashback scenes as these are the feeling I am hoping to encode to these sequences. 

No comments:

Post a Comment